October 21, 2017 SUCCESS CALL
***Note: If you can not see the audio player above, REFRESH your browser and try again.
To download, right click the “Download” link below and “save as” to your computer.
Download FULL Running Time: 1:00
Chris Watters is with Watters International Realty in Austin, Texas. Last year he closed 427 transactions with a total sales volume of 103 million and 3.2 million in gross commission income. His average sales price was 243 thousand of which 40% were buyers and 60% were sellers.
Chris has a 20 member team: 12 buyer agents, 2 listing agents, 5 admin staff, and 1 team leader. Chris Watters is the team leader of the Watters International team. He has been an agent for 10 years.
In this call, Chris talks about:
- His fast start as a buyer agent on a team
- Then with very little experience, starting his own independent brokerage, building it for a year, then “burning it down” when the model did not work
- Building a new organization from scratch based on the team model
- Within a few short years, the new model netted a million dollars
- Recognizing that team success is dependent on the right people being on the team
- Finding team members that have the same core values and match the culture
- Interviewing new agents while looking at them through your client’s eyes
- Phone prospecting for new agents and the script he uses
- The qualification process for new team members
- Investigating the success trajectory of the agent applicant
- The 30 Day Ramp Up training program for all agents new to the team
- Realizing you cannot manage people, but you can manage standards
- Weekly 411 accountability meetings
- Culture, leadership, team dynamics, compensation, and more
- 427 closings
- 103 million sales volume
- 20 member team:
- 12 buyer agents
- 2 listing agents
- 5 admin staff
- 1 team leader
- team building
- repeat & referrals
- past clients
- sphere of influence