March 7, 2018 SUCCESS CALL
***Note: If you can not see the audio player above, REFRESH your browser and try again.
To download, right click the “Download” link below and “save as” to your computer.
Download FULL Running Time: 0:49
Tim Houk is with Keller Williams in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. Last year he closed 155 transactions with a total sales volume of 35 million and earned 875 thousand in GCI. His average sales price was 228 thousand of which 51% were buyers and 49% were sellers.
Tim has a 9 member team: 3 buyer agents, 2 listing agents, 1 transaction coordinator, 1 listing manager, 1 executive assistant, and 1 team leader.
Tim is team leader of The Houk Group. He has been an agent for 11 years.
In this call, Tim talks about:
- Waiting tables at night so he could work real estate full time during the day for his first 6 months
- Earning six figures his first full year in real estate
- His rude awakening during the Great Recession and the realization that he needed better systems
- Ramping up to 155 units last year, staying in production, and selling 60 homes personally
- What to do when a natural disaster hits your community and destroys 100 thousand homes
- How to list For Sale By Owners including approach, scripts, setting appointments, selective follow up, role play, time cycles, data resources, and success rates
- How he gets 60% of his business by repeat & referrals from past clients and sphere of influence including his annual marketing plan
- Why you should hold a Pie Day Giveaway event in March instead of November
- His 50 Core Advocate Group and why you need one
- Team dynamics, compensation, profit margins, and more
- 155 closings
- 35 million sales volume
- 9 member team:
- 3 buyer agents
- 2 listing agents
- 1 transaction coordinator
- 1 marketing manager
- 1 executive assistant
- 1 team leader
- for sale by owners
- repeat & referrals
- past clients
- sphere of influence