Lawrence Belland SUCCESS CALL
***Note: If you can not see the audio player above, REFRESH your browser and try again.
To listen on iTunes, click HERE.
To listen on Google Play, click HERE.
To download, right click the “Download” link below and “save as” to your computer.
Download FULL Running Time: 1:28
Lawrence Belland is with John L Scott Real Estate in Portland, Oregon. Last year he closed 81 transactions with a total sales volume of 28 million. His average sales price was 354 thousand of which 15% were buyers and 85% were sellers. He has a 10 member team: 1 buyer agent, 1 listing manager, 3 listing coordinators, 1 client care manager, 1 negotiator, 1 marketing manager, l transaction coordinator, and 1 team leader.
Lawrence Belland is the team leader of the Belland Realty Group. He has been an agent for 38 years and participated in over 6,000 real estate transactions worth over 750 million.
In this call, Lawrence talks about:
- Starting his career creatively with “minor partitions” and helping sellers split vacant lots off oversized properties to create two pieces of real estate to sell
- Putting his real estate sales career on hold while he pursued the mortgage business and investment transactions for 10 years
- Jumping back into real estate sales by working short sales … in the early 1990’s
- How he developed his concept of the “Listing Launch” where he builds up anticipation in the market with delayed showing dates and restricted offer dates (confirm practice rules with your MLS or state license authority)
- His 10 day pre-launch marketing program that often results in dozens of showings and multiple offers the first day on the market … including the best day and time for the launch
- Why he invests his own money to “fix up” his sellers’ properties for quicker sales and higher nets for the seller … and himself
- His seller strategy for dealing with multiple offers
- The annual marketing plan he uses with his past clients and sphere of influence to generate repeat and referrals that account for 40% of his business
- Team dynamics, profit margins and more
- 81 closings
- 28 million sales volume
- 10 member team:
- 1 buyer agent
- 1 listing manager
- 3 listing coordinators
- 1 client care manager
- 1 negotiator
- 1 marketing manager
- 1 transaction coordinator
- 1 team leader
- short sale
- repeat & referrals
- past clients
- sphere of influence