Ronnie Matthews SUCCESS CALL …
***Note: If you can not see the audio player above, REFRESH your browser and try again.
To listen on iTunes, click HERE.
To listen on Google Play, click HERE.
To download, right click the “Download” link below and “save as” to your computer.
Download FULL Running Time: 0:51
Ronnie Matthews is with Re/Max in Spring, Texas. Last year he, his wife Cathy, and team closed 1,384 transactions with a total sales volume of 408 million. His average sales price was 294 thousand of which 40% were buyers and 60% were sellers.
Ronnie has a 22 member team: 1 listing specialist, 5 buyer specialists, 1 pre-listing coordinator/backup listing specialist, 2 listing coordinators, 1 listing contract administrator, 1 listing department manager, 2 buyer coordinators, 2 pending coordinators, 1 pending department manager, 1 relocation director, 1 elite properties director, 2 builder relations, 1 graphic designer, 1 bookkeeper, 1 broker, and 2 co-founders.
Ronnie and his wife Cathy are the co-founders of the Ronnie & Cathy Matthews Team. He has been an agent for 30 years and works the metro Houston market.
In this call, Ronnie talks about:
- How a high school dropout sold 50 homes his first year in real estate
- Being a “couple team” with his wife Cathy and distribution of duties
- Working 80-100 hour weeks to build the business
- Positioning yourself as a “fixer” for new home builders and listing hundreds of their “problem” houses each year
- How to convince influencial people to refer you hundreds of transactions per year
- Creating the most productive sales team in our records by averaging 197 closings per field salesperson last year
- How he finds the right team members, never interviews longer than 15 minutes, and why he pays his entire team a salary
- Setting up a 7th level team that operates independent of the team leader
- The repeat & referral marketing plan that accounts for 70% of his business (968 closings last year) and why he thinks the team is underperforming in this area
- How he sold the team practice to the team members including the valuation used, payment terms structured, and transition strategy
- Team dynamics, compensation, profit margins and more
- 1384 closings
- 408 million sales volume
- 22 member team:
- 1 listing specialist
- 5 buyer specialists
- 1 pre-listing coordinator/backup listing specialist
- 2 listing coordinators
- 1 listing contract administrator
- 1 listing department manager
- 2 buyer coordinators
- 2 pending coordinators
- 1 pending department manager
- 1 relocation director
- 1 elite properties director
- 2 builder relations
- 1 graphic designer
- 1 bookkeeper
- 1 broker
- 2 co-founders
- team valuation and sale
- repeat & referrals
- past clients
- sphere of influence