Dean Selvey SUCCESS CALL
***Note: If you can not see the audio player above, REFRESH your browser and try again.
To listen on iTunes, click HERE.
To listen on Google Play, click HERE.
To download, right click the “Download” link below and “save as” to your computer.
Download FULL Running Time: 57 minutes
Dean Selvey is with Re/Max in Scottsdale, Arizona. Last year he closed 220 transactions with a total sales volume of 60 million. His average sales price was 272 thousand of which 0% were buyers and 100% were sellers.
Dean has a 16 member team: 10 site sales agents, 1 sales manager, 2 marketing people, 1 bookkeeper, 1 admin / compliance officer, and 1 team leader.
Dean is the team leader of Arizona Builder Sales. He has been an agent for 37 years and works the Phoenix and Arizona markets. In his best year (2006), he sold 470 homes worth 120 million and has sold over 10,000 homes in his career.
In this call, Dean talks about:
- His slow start and being an average agent for his first 5 years
How his friend Russell Shaw opened his eyes to the Enemy Line concept to identify what was holding him back … with that simple understanding, he doubled his production the next year
- Why he focuses on net profit instead of units or volume
- How to become a Subject Master Expert
- Today 100% of his business is representing local and regional home builders and developers
- Instead of looking for one listing at a time, he looks for builders who can give him 100 listings over time
- His current pipeline has 1,700 homes that will enter the market … and he will be the listing agent
- How he got into new home sales, what his competitive advantage is, and why builders hire him
- His simple slogan, “You build, we’ll sell”
- The best ways to find new home buyers
- Team dynamics, compensation, profit margins, and more
- 220 closings
- 60 million sales volume
- 16 member team:
- 10 site sales agents
- 1 sales manager
- 2 marketing people
- 1 bookkeeper
- 1 admin / compliance officer
- 1 team leader
- new home construction
- builder site representation
(originally published on 12/07/18)