John Jones SUCCESS CALL
***Note: If you can not see the audio player above, REFRESH your browser and try again.
To listen on iTunes, click HERE.
To listen on Google Play, click HERE.
To download, right click the “Download” link below and “save as” to your computer.
Download FULL Running Time: 1:47
John Jones is with John Jones Real Estate in Murfreesboro, Tennessee. Last year, he closed 274 transactions with a total sales volume of 36 million. His average sales price was 131 thousand of which 45% were buyers and 55% were sellers. He operates a team with 9 members: 4 sales associates, 1 listing coordinator/internet marketer, 1 closing coordinator, 1 distressed property manager, 1 personal assistant/bookkeeper, and 1 team leader.
John Jones is the team leader of John Jones Real Estate team. He has been an agent for 19 years. He works the Rutherford County market 30 miles southeast of Nashville. John has sold over 3,000 homes in his career. In his best year (2006), John sold 362 homes worth $72 million.
In this call, John talks about:
- How to generate 60-65% of your business by referrals from past clients, sphere of influence, and other agents
- Getting referrals without begging, bothering, or pestering
- How to easily make 24-30 contact per year with your sphere of influence
- Who to put on your Target 25 list…it’s not who you think
- How to scrub your past client & sphere of influence lists using this single question
- Putting on 3 client appreciation events per year (bowling party, bar-b-cue, and pie giveaway) including how to set it up, how to market it, and how much it costs
- Surviving the deep, nasty, multi-year recession and the #1 lesson he learned
- The pain of shifting into a new business model immediately after investing in the old model
- The difference between buyer agents and sales consultants and how to compensate for retention
- Leads from Dave Ramsey
- Building personal wealth through real estate partnerships and investment property
- What the exact profit margin is for his operation in good times and bad, and more
- 274 closings
- 36 million sales volume
- 9 member team:
- 4 sales associates,
- 1 listing coordinator/internet marketer
- 1 closing coordinator
- 1 distressed property manager
- 1 personal assistant/bookkeeper
- 1 team leader
- past clients
- sphere of influence
- referrals from other agents
- 1st time buyers
- short sales
(originally published on 12/07/12)