Don Matheson SUCCESS CALL
***Note: If you can not see the audio player above, REFRESH your browser and try again.
To listen on iTunes, click HERE.
To listen on Google Play, click HERE.
To download, right click the “Download” link below and “save as” to your computer.
Download FULL Running Time: 1:32
Don Matheson is with Re/Max in Scottsdale, Arizona. Last year he closed 113 transactions with a total sales volume of 68 million. His average sales price was 601 thousand of which 40% were buyers and 60% were sellers. He has a 6 member team: 3 buyer/seller agents, 1 listing coordinator, 1 leads coordinator, and 1 team leader.
Don Matheson the team leader of The Matheson Team. He has been an agent for 38 years. In his best year (2010), Don sold 543 homes worth 110 million. He has sold over 1 billion dollars worth of homes in his career.
In this call, Don talks about:
- Why he never finished high school
- Moving to Phoenix after running a successful practice in Vancouver for a decade
- Even with all his experience, having a slow start in the new market
- The chance encounter with an young internet website builder
- His first website AZGolfHomes.com that ramped up his business
- Why he specializes in golf course and luxury homes (it’s 75% of his business)
- Generating your own leads with SEO and ranking high in Google search
- Becoming a hyper-local agent
- His million dollar home geographic farming program that captured a 12% marketing share
- How he approaches his past clients and sphere of influence
- Why small intimate client parties can be more successful that large events
- How to travel the world, meet new clients, and write it off as a business expense
- What every agent should do every morning to have a super productive day
- Team dynamics, profit margins and more
- 113 closings
- 68 million sales volume
- 6 member team:
- 3 buyer/seller agents
- 1 listing coordinator
- 1 leads coordinator
- 1 team leader
- golf course homes
- luxury homes
- geographic farming
- repeat & referrals
- past clients
- sphere of influence
(originally published on 05/21/15)